The monsoon season brings much-needed relief after the scorching summer heat, but it also accompanies several challenges for your skin. The increase in humidity and moisture in the air can make your skin prone to infections, breakouts, and dullness. However, with a few simple changes in your skincare routine, you can keep your skin healthy and glowing throughout the rainy season. In this blog, we will discuss some of the best monsoon skincare tips for all skin types, specifically for oily skin types and a monsoon skincare routine to achieve flawless skin.
Monsoon Skincare Tips for All Skin Types:
Skincare is an important exercise that needs to be followed religiously throughout the year, however, one needs to put in extra efforts during the monsoon season. As the skin goes through some serious torments during the rains. Mentioned below are the pointers that are applicable to all skin types.
1. Keep Your Skin Clean: Regardless of your skin type, make sure to cleanse your skin thoroughly to remove dirt, sweat, and impurities. Use a gentle cleanser suitable for your skin type to maintain its natural balance. The Coffee Face Wash packed with skin-friendly ingredients such as Pure Arabica Coffee, Caffeine, White Water Lily, Sea Weed and Aloe Vera helps deep cleanse to remove dirt & oil and de-tans the skin.
2. Moisturize Adequately:Even if you have dry skin, adjust your moisturizer to a lighter formula during the monsoon to avoid excessive greasiness. On the other hand, if you have normal or combination skin, opt for a moisturizer that provides adequate hydration without being too heavy.
3. Maintain a Healthy Diet:A well-balanced diet with ample fruits, vegetables, and omega-3 fatty acids will benefit your skin from within. These nutrients promote healthy skin and help combat the effects of humidity and pollution.
4. Avoid Touching Your Face:Try to avoid touching your face frequently, as your hands can transfer dirt and bacteria onto your skin. Practising this will minimize the chances of breakouts and infections.
5. Stay Mindful of Fungal Infections:The monsoon season is notorious for fungal infections. To prevent them, keep your skin dry and avoid wearing damp clothes for extended hours. Use antioxidant-rich body washes that help dirt and infection causing bacteria and microbes.
Best Monsoon Skincare Tips for Oily Skin:
Skincare practices for oily skin is not very different from what the practices are for other skin types. However, oily skin types need some extra care during the rainy season, as the skin type tends to get more oily and attract more dirt and impurities.
1. Cleansing Remains The Key:During monsoon, oily skin tends to attract more dirt and pollutants. Therefore, it is essential to cleanse your face twice a day with a mild and oil-free cleanser. Look for wash off products that contain ingredients such as Green Tea and Salicylic Acid, as they can help control excess oil and prevent breakouts.
2. Exfoliate Regularly:Exfoliation is crucial to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. Use a gentle exfoliator twice a week to keep your skin clean and prevent the buildup of excess oil. Avoid harsh scrubs as they can irritate your skin and cause redness.
3. Toning is Essential:Opt for an alcohol-free toner that helps balance the pH levels of your skin. Toners with ingredients like Caffeine-rich Green Tea can effectively control oil production and minimize the appearance of pores. The Green Tea & Fruit AHA Toner powered with Caffeine and Cucumber mildly exfoliates, improves skin texture and tightens pores.
4. Hydrate with Lightweight Moisturizers:Even though your skin is oily, it still requires moisturization. Choose oil-free, water-based moisturizers that are lightweight and non-comedogenic. These moisturizers will provide hydration without clogging your pores.
5. Sun Protection:Don't skip sunscreen just because it's cloudy outside. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 every day, as the UV rays can still harm your skin during the monsoon. Look for oil-free broad spectrum sunscreens that won't make your skin feel greasy.
Monsoon Skincare Routine for Flawless Skin:
Achieving flawless skin is and always will be a goal of many. However, flaws need to be carried boldly. That being said, one should focus on attaining healthier skin, and the key to the same relies on following a recommended regimen and being consistent.
1. Cleanse Twice Daily:This step continues to remain constant and vital in your skincare routine. Use a gentle cleanser twice a day to remove dirt, sweat, and makeup residue. This will prevent the buildup of bacteria and keep your skin fresh.
2. Use a Nourishing Face Mask:Treat yourself to a nourishing face mask once a week to replenish moisture and revive dull looking skin. Look for hydrating ingredients like Green Tea, Aloe Vera, Cucumber, or Hyaluronic Acid for a radiant complexion.
3. Hydrate from Within:Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. This will help flush out toxins from your body and keep your skin hydrated, plump, and healthy.
4. Include Antioxidants in Your Diet:Consume a diet rich in antioxidants, such as fresh fruits, vegetables, and green tea. Antioxidants help fight free radicals, which can damage your skin cells and lead to premature aging.
5. Don't Forget Your Lips:Scrub chapped and pigmented lips and apply a lip balm with to protect your lips from UV damage and keep them moisturized. Look for balms with natural ingredients like Beeswax or Shea Butter for added hydration. The Coffee Lip Balm enriched with Shea Butter and Vitamin gives your lips 24 Hours of moisturization, reduces pigmentation and nourishes & smoothes skin.
By following the aforementioned monsoon skincare tips, you can ensure that your skin remains healthy and glowing throughout the rainy season. Irrespective of you having oily skin, dry skin, or combination skin type, the key is to maintain a consistent skincare routine and make necessary adjustments to address the challenges posed by the monsoon. Remember, healthy skincare routine not only helps the skin look good but also helps fight underlying concerns, which can deteriorate to seek medications. So, don't let the rains play a spoil sport in your skincare goals, and embrace the monsoon with flawless and glowing skin.