If your idea of a therapeutic wind down resembles ours, it’s sure to feature a face mask! Our skin takes the brunt of dirt and pollution, which makes taking good care of our face a top priority. Face masks are a good way to achieve some extra TLC for your face. They aim to hydrate and cleanse our face, leaving it soft and glowing.
A regular and balanced skincare routine keeps our skin nourished consistently. Understanding your skin is the first step in curating that routine. All skins are different and respond to treatment differently. This is why we should first understand our skin and its unique requirements. Your skin may be dry, oily or sensitive, among many other types. Observe your skin and based on those learnings select ingredients that will suit your skin best
Why use face masks?
Face masks shouldn’t feel like a chore, but a way to unwind and indulge in some self-care. Masking not only increases the blood circulation to the face but also helps other skin products work more efficiently by deep cleaning.
They’re an amazing way to feel like you’re being pampered at a salon, all from the convenience of home. Imagine yourself immersed in a page-turner, a cup of coffee, and our Choco Face Mask to kickstart your relaxing weekend! Ingredients like seaweed and aloe vera make the mask work wonders for dry skin. Another top pick for dry skin woes is our Coffee Sleeping Mask - use this overnight mask to wake up to rejuvenated and extremely hydrated skin. That being said, if you’re someone who struggles with acne or oily skin, your best bet is our Cappuccino Coffee Face Mask.
Just like our morning cup keeps us going throughout the day, coffee has a lot of advantages when it comes to skincare too. Full of antioxidants, our range of coffee facemasks is an instant pick me up that refreshes and energizes the skin! Try it out, your skin will thank you for the caffeine zing.
DIY Home Spa
You can also go in for a DIY homemade face pack. When it comes to DIY masks, we believe the best ingredients are the ones you can find easily in your kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need to make this super easy face pack: yoghurt, honey, and turmeric.
- 1. In a bowl, take a teaspoon of yoghurt, one teaspoon of honey and a sprinkle of turmeric.
- 2. Mix the contents well to form a paste.
- 3. Apply evenly on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. (Avoid applying face masks directly under your eyes, as the skin there is extremely sensitive and thin)
- 4. Once dry, use lukewarm water and rinse.
- 5. As always, moisturize afterwards, and you’re good to go, with glowing skin.
Frequent usage of face masks diminishes fine lines and helps you maintain more even-toned skin, so here are a few extra tips to keep in mind before your next masking session.
Points to remember
- - Be mindful not to apply face masks too often, as this will dry out your skin and cause irritation. Limit your face mass sessions to once or twice a week. Face masks are a wonderful way to cleanse and nourish your skin, but before applying new products conduct a patch test. Proceed only if your skin doesn't react unfavourably. If you feel a stingy or burning sensation, wash off the product and discontinue its use.
- - Avoid laughing or flexing your facial muscles when you have on a face mask, as that causes fine lines or wrinkles. Keep your face loose and enjoy your downtime.
- - Remember that no facemask can work miracles if you don’t invest properly in your health. Your skin is a reflection of what you eat, and a healthy diet is the first step to achieving good skin. Supplement your meals with a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you’ll start noticing the difference it makes to your skin.
- - Stay hydrated! The importance of water can never be stressed enough. Our face is the first to show signs of a dehydrated body in the form of wrinkles, dryness, and patchy skin. Ensure that you drink enough water to flush out the toxins from your body and keep the skin well hydrated and plump. Health practitioners recommend drinking 2 - 3 litres of water daily. (carrying a water bottle always helps stay on top of our body’s hydration needs)
Enjoy the process
Apart from these tips, remember to have fun with facemasks by experimenting and trying out new ones. Here’s a list of our fav things to do while we pamper ourselves with extravagant facemasks!
- #1 Catch up on some reading or binge a Netflix show
- #2 Phone a friend or family member to check in with them
- #3 Finish off some last-minute work emails (or maybe not)
- #4 Meditate or tend to the body with a few simple stretches
Now that you’re all acquainted with the world of facemasks, dive in and tell us which one you enjoy the most!