Skincare is still something a lot of people have failed to understand and adapt to. A face scrub especially confuses them. How to use it? When to use it? How much to use? Or even how often should it be used? If you too are one of them, we’re here to help you out. The face scrub is an essential part of every skincare routine and should never be skipped. We’ll tell you the right way to use a face scrub, but first let’s understand why you need to use a face scrub.
What’s a Face Scrub?
Clogged pores can lead to acne and inflammation on the skin, which we’re sure you’d want to avoid. Whilst a face wash can help clean the surface of the skin, a face scrub will deeply cleanse and make it look fresh and healthy! Whether you are looking for a face scrub for oily skin or normal skin, we have it all!
But here are some dos and don’ts you should keep in mind when using a face scrub.
- Cleanse Your Face Before Exfoliating It - The first step of any skincare routine is cleansing. Start by cleansing your face with the Coffee Face Wash. It cleanses and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Scrub Gently - Massage gently for a few minutes to unclog pores and slough off dead skin cells. An effective yet gentle formula is recommended. Infused with Pure Arabica Coffee, Walnut, Vitamin E and Argan Oil, the Coffee Face Scrub exfoliates, removes blackheads and de-tans skin without making it dry.
- Exfoliate at Night - It is advised to make exfoliating a part of your nighttime skincare routine. Because exfoliating reveals a fresh layer of skin that can get easily damaged if you step out in the sun right after scrubbing.
- Apply Moisturizer - Restoring moisture into the skin is important after exfoliating. A layer of the Coffee Face Moisturizer will provide nourishment to the skin and prevent dryness.
- Use Face Scrub According to Your Skin Type - It will ensure your skin is deep cleansed without aggravating your concerns.
- Over-exfoliate - While exfoliating is good for the skin, over-exfoliating can be quite damaging. It can damage the protective layer of the skin and cause redness, irritation and severe dryness. Therefore, it’s advised to use a face scrub once or twice a week ONLY!
- Exfoliate After a Skin Treatment - If you have just gotten a facial or any other skin treatment, do not exfoliate your skin for a week post treatment because it may cause permanent skin damage.
- Exfoliate if it Irritates the Skin - If you have decided to give face scrub a try, that ends up irritating your skin, then stop immediately. Do your research before opting for a face scrub.
- Scrub for Too Long - Firstly, be gentle while scrubbing. Secondly, don’t scrub for over a minute. Doing it for too long can irritate the skin and at times even lead to acne.
- Use It on Active Acne - Don’t use any kind of scrub on your face as it may cause an increase in inflammation making your acne issue even worse. It is best to let your acne settle down before using a face scrub.
- Use It on Wounds - If you have any wounds or scars on your face that are healing then avoid using a scrub. The wound is in the process of healing and if you hinder it, it may cause an infection leaving a permanent scar on your face.
It’s important to know what you apply to the skin and how. The do’s and don’ts and much more. We have a range of products to choose from for every skin type and gender. It’s time you embrace the caffeinated products that are natural, 100% vegan and will get you #AddictedToGood!