You know how we need to get to the root of problems to effectively solve them? Our hair is no different, we need to get as close to the roots of our hair as possible, to effectively care for our beloved tresses! And scalp is the closest we can get, so taking care of it becomes really important for anyone who would like healthy, shiny hair. With a healthy scalp, hair growth and maintenance is way easier and today, we’ll talk about exactly that! The health of your scalp determines the health of your hair, it’s like the soil where your hair grows.
We end up inflicting a lot of damage to our scalps without even realising it by forgetting to take care of it while caring for our hair, we just nourish the ends and forget the rest mostly. On top of that, positioned at the top of your head, your scalp is front and center when it comes to sun damage, and faces UV rays like no other body part. So, it’s time we switch it up and focus on scalp care for hair growth. So, let’s talk about everything from the importance of a healthy scalp to healthy scalp tips. Let’s go!
Importance of a Healthy Scalp
- Your scalp is like the mutual friend between your follicles (the living, functioning portion of your hair) and the hair that you see. So, a healthy scalp would mean healthy hair growth.
- Overtime, our body goes through changes due to age, sun damage and pollution, hence, to maintain a relatively good hair growth as we age, it’s important to nourish and take care of your scalp.
- Your scalp is a part of your body, so a healthy scalp, free of itchiness, redness, flakiness, and irritation, is surely not a bad idea, right?
Healthy Scalp Tips
Just like the rest of the skin on our body, our scalp skin also needs care and nourishment regularly. So, here are some amazing healthy scalp tips for you to try out :
- Start by identifying whether your scalp is oily or dry. It’s important to know the kind of scalp you have to use the right products. Using the wrong kind of products can be more damaging than not using any products at times.
- Use gentle hair care products since your skin and scalp are already sensitive, they need to be dealt with care. Using products with lots of chemicals and harsh elements like sulfates, alcohols, or fragrances as they tend to strip away natural oils in your hair and can lead to a dry scalp and irritation. This Coffee Hair Fall Control Kit is a great and gentle hair-care kit that caters to healthy scalp hair growth.
- Don’t overdo that shampoo because washing your hair more than you need to can make them dry and dull. It’s essential to keep your scalp neat and clean, but overdoing anything isn’t a good idea. So, shampooing twice or thrice a week, depending on your scalp type works well for most people. Also, remember to use a gentle shampoo like the Naked & Raw Coffee Shampoo which is sulphate-free and has the goodness of coffee and argan oil that promote healthy hair growth and deep cleanse your scalp.
- Scalp massaging and scrubbing go a long way as they help in increasing good blood flow and exfoliating the scalp skin respectively. Regularly massaging your scalp with a good non-greasy and lightweight oil like this best-selling Naked & Raw Coffee Scalp & Hair Oil is a great way to provide it with the nourishment it needs and it’s extremely relaxing too. Similarly, using scalp scrubs to effectively exfoliate your scalp skin and getting rid of excess skin cells, oil, and dandruff boosts hair growth. You can try this caffeinated Naked & Raw Coffee Scalp Scrub infused with rosemary exfoliates as well as soothes the scalp.
Healthy Scalp Home Remedies
From oil chamois by our grandmothers to the desi nuskhas that have been passed down over generations, we love our home remedies when it comes to taking care. So, we thought we’ll add some here for you.
- Regular coconut oil massages to keep your scalp moisturised and infection-free, thanks to the antifungal and antibacterial properties of coconut oil.
- Using aloe vera gel or aloe vera directly from the plant is great for dry scalp and has anti-inflammatory propertiesTrusted Source that can help reduce skin irritation.
- Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) isn’t just great for reducing acne and oiliness, but it’s also a great remedy for cleansing the scalp by removing impurities and reducing dandruff as well.
- Remember what you put in your stomach also reflects in your hair, so keeping yourself hydrated by drinking enough water, and consuming a diet with vegetables and fruits rich in omega-3 fatty acid, vitamins and proteins is a great idea for healthy scalp hair growth.
Now you know all the healthy scalp tips and secrets, so remember to never neglect it again and give it the best chemical free products and care. You can also throw hair serums and hair masks in the mix once in a while for enhanced hair-care. You don’t need any good hair filters when your locks are healthy naturally!