Ageing and signs of ageing are inevitable Sad but true! However, some things can be prevented before their destined time. Did we manage to bring the ‘smile of hope’ to your face? Well, wrinkles though appear with age, sometimes poor habits or lifestyle may prepone their arrival. Wrinkles are the facial lines that generally appear near the eyes, mouth, forehead, etc.
In this article, we will be listing the causes of wrinkles and some easy to follow wrinkles treatment.
Why are Wrinkles caused?
- Age: The most obvious, age. With growing age, the skin becomes fragile and the elasticity decreases. This results in loose and saggy skin.
- Exposure to Ultraviolet Rays: Regular exposure to sunlight which contains UV rays speeds up the natural ageing process. The connective tissue of the skin is broken, and this makes the skin lose its tightness or elasticity.
- Smoking: Smoking poorly affects collagen present in the skin and speeds up the natural ageing process. This is why smokers have more fine lines at an early age as compared to non-smokers. (There you go, here’s another reason for you to quit! ;) )
- Lack of hydration: Our body is 70% water and needs sufficient water intake. When there is less water intake and an unbalanced diet, the skin starts losing its tightness and becomes saggy and wrinkles may appear.
- No proper skincare: Our skin needs constant care and a proper skincare regime with cleansing, toning, moisturizing, eye creams and sunscreens. Lack of skincare does not provide sufficient nutrition, it starts to shrink.
How to prevent Wrinkles?
Repeat after us, “I’ll drink a lot of water throughout the day!” Drinking water is important to provide hydration to the skin from inside. This prevents loss of elasticity in the skin and helps in maintaining the tightness and shine of the skin.
Take balanced diet
Our elders meant every word of it when they said ‘You are what you eat’. Processed and sugary foods are hard on your gut and take time to get digested. Taking a balanced diet that consists of fruits, nuts, berries, leafy greens, omega 3, nuts, etc. helps in minimizing signs of ageing and reduces cell damage.
Tobacco smoke damages collagen and elastin which are responsible for skin elasticity and strength. Also, the nicotine present in cigarettes causes the contraction of blood vessels. This prevents blood flow on your skin and it looks lifeless and thus causes wrinkles. Try nicotine patches or chewing gums to quit smoking. Try talking to a healthcare professional to help you quit.
Eye creams to the rescue
Every other person is struggling with the question of how to prevent under eye wrinkles. If you are one of them, then you should definitely make eye creams your BFF. Try our Coffee Under Eye Cream that is enriched with pure coffee extracts, white water lily, vitamin E, almond oil and hyaluronic acid.
It easily gets absorbed in the skin and is proven to reduce dark circles, reduce puffiness, reduce sun damage, and hydrate the skin. It comes with a steel massage roller that helps in better absorption and blood circulation. Make this your bae and you will never ask again how to prevent wrinkles on eyes.
Follow a skin care regime
Beauty experts swear by a proper skin regime of exfoliating, cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. It is important to use gentle products on your skin that are free from sulphates and parabens that retract youthful glow from your skin.
Start by exfoliating and cleansing our Anti Pollution Kit which contains Coffee Face Scrub and Coffee Face Wash. This duo will suck all the dirt and impurities from your skin, nourish and soften the skin. Follow it up using a toner to balance the pH levels of your skin. Then layer it up with Coffee Face Moisturizer which will control excess oil and will provide optimum hydration to your skin. Make sure to apply sunscreen before you step out of your home.
Give your skin a nourishing glow at home by applying Coffee Face Mask once a week. It will cleanse pores and remove tan from your skin.
Protect your skin from the sun
Protection from UV rays is a must before you head anywhere. Make sure to apply sunscreen with optimum SPF protection generously. It will act as a barrier to your skin and prevent damage from the sun.
Include facial yoga/ exercise
Wrinkles caused due to repetitive facial expressions can be reversed with facial yoga and exercises. Hard to believe? You all should definitely try this. Because, the blood circulation during working out helps in providing oxygen to reach your skin and prevent wrinkles.
Take proper sleep
While sleeping the cell regeneration and repair happen. Getting proper sleep helps in fighting wrinkles, fine lines and even skin cancer. It is a time for collagen build that helps skin look shiny and healthy.
Apart from the above tips, it is important to relax your mind. Find time for your mental health and practice breathing or meditation techniques to keep those stress hormones in check. Make sure you get Addicted to Good and try these tips to get the timeless glow that you always desired.