After a long tiring week, nothing relaxes the muscles and beats fatigue like a good spa session. Body polishing is a great way to pamper your senses while providing them with a natural glow. However, we often tend to turn a blind eye towards the body. So here we are listing all the things that you need to know on body polishing, including its benefits, an at-home body polishing session, steps involved and a few tips to keep in mind.
What is body polishing?
Body polishing. Sounds fancy? While it may seem so, body polishing is merely a method to cleanse, exfoliate and nourish your whole body. It involves exfoliation and moisturization of your body. Just like our face is exfoliated, cleansed and then moisturized, a similar treatment is required for our body as well.
Benefits of body polishing
- Body polishing exfoliates the skin deeply. It effectively eliminates dead skin cells, restoring the youthful appearance of your skin
- Encourage new cell growth: Body polish aids in the regeneration of new cells. It keeps your skiing looking new at all times
- Body polishing hydrates the skin and makes it silky smooth. It helps to repair any skin damage caused by dryness
- Cleanse the skin: Body polishing cleans the skin thoroughly. It aids in the removal of dirt and oil from the skin
- Body polishing stimulates blood flow to the skin, causing it to glow naturally. It unclogs pores in a natural way
- It relaxes the body as gentle pressure acts as an acupressure session and provides calming effects on the mind as well
At home body polishing treatment
To provide relaxing nourishment to your skin, it doesn’t need to be expensive and doesn't require frequent visits to the salon. With the right products and techniques, you can easily do it yourself at home.
Try our Body Toning and Polishing Kit which contains a powerful trio of Body Polishing Oil, Coffee Body Scrub and Coffee Body Lotion. All three products are made using natural ingredients like coffee, caffeine, rosehip oil, sweet almond oil, shea butter, whiter water lily and vitamin C.
Start with applying coffee body polishing oil to activate skin cells and prepping the skin for the session. Next, exfoliate using the coffee body scrub that will enhance blood circulation and then finish it off by applying body lotion post rinsing the scrub.
Steps for body polishing
- Step 1: The first step involves showering using hot water or steam. It helps in opening pores and prepping your skin. Refrain from using any cleansers like soap or body wash to start the body polishing procedure
- Step 2: Massage using Coffee Body Oil for five to ten minutes and let it absorb into your skin
- Step 3: Exfoliate using the body scrub. Make sure to scrub all parts of your body in gentle circular motions. You can even take the help of a pumice stone if you want a deep cleansing
- Step 4: Rinse with warm water and do not use any soap. The reason is that soaps make your skin dry by removing all moisturizing effects
- Step 5: Apply nourishing Coffee Body Lotion, that will lock hydration to your skin and will provide required revival
Things to keep in mind
Before you indulge yourself in a luxurious body polishing session, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Keep a gap of two weeks between sessions. Though it might be tempting to pamper yourself often, maintaining a gap of two weeks helps the body to absorb the goodness of the session and prevents excess dryness that may occur if done very regularly.
Make sure to choose products that are suitable for your skin type. For instance, if you have dry skin then choose products that are best suited for dry skin and so on.
If you have sensitive skin and are prone to allergies, then it is recommended to do a patch test. Before applying the product to the whole body, make sure to apply the product to a small portion of the skin and check for allergies or rashes. Consult a dermatologist if you experience any allergic reactions.
While exfoliating is good, do not over-exfoliate. This could rip off your skin cells and essential skin nutrients. It is always advised to exfoliate gently.
Make sure to apply sun protection after indulging in body polishing and before heading out in the sun. The reason is the skin becomes sensitive post body polishing and requires extra care and attention.
Alright! So,we have done our job of listing everything for you. Now it’s your turn to get your hands on some serious body-pampering sessions with mCaffeine. Do let us know your experience with our body polishing kit.