For dry skin, sometimes moisturizing is just not enough. You need a lot more. Follow these tips to soothe and heal your dry skin in and out.
Dealing with dry and parched skin in winters can be really stressful. As humidity decreases in winters, skin loses its moisture, leading to issues such as dry, itchy, and flaky skin.
Dry skin can be tricky to deal with and live with, but there are plenty of tricks and products that can help you turn it into a desirable one. Here’s a tip-to-toe guide to moisturize your dry skin that would definitely make you happy and hydrated.
Tips To Moisturize Your Dry Skin
Tip 1: Start From The Scalp
Tried going clean? Well, not just cleaning your skin, but also in terms of ingredients. For instance, do you know the sulphate present in your shampoo can further dry your scalp? Check the fine print and go for clean products. Switch to gentle, sulphate-free shampoos that won’t strip the natural oils from your scalp, like our Naked & Raw Coffee Shampoo that is cruelty free and paraben free, and infused with the goodness of caffeine and other natural ingredients, for hair that feel free and flow free.
Apart from this, give your hair frequent massages with your favourite hair oil. For best results, use a lightweight and non-sticky hair oil like the Coffee Scalp & Hair Oil which consists of the nourishing coffee and argan oil. Leave it overnight or for a few hours, as you deem fit, and wash it off using a gentle, sulphate-free shampoo.
Tip 2: Layer Your Skincare
Your skincare is a lot more than a face wash and a generic moisturizer. Layer your skincare. Here’s how you can do it.
- 1. Wash your face with a gentle face wash and then pat it dry. Apply a hydrating face serum like Coffee Face Serum. A serum has a unique texture that goes in deeper than a moisturizer and addresses specific concerns. If you are not using a serum, you are truly missing out on a lot of benefits.
- 2. Wait for 1-2 mins or till the serum is completely absorbed and then use a rich moisturizer like the Latte Coffee Face Moisturizer. We recommend this cream as it has one of the best dry skin-loving ingredients, i.e. Ceramides. Apart from providing intense moisturization, ceramides are essential to create a healthy barrier for your skin.
- 3. For extremely dry skin, a good overnight sleeping mask like the Latte Coffee Sleeping Mask is like a cherry on top. It has ingredients like Hyaluronic acid, Niacinamide, and Almond milk that delivers the right amount of hydration, while you take a good night’s sleep.
Tip 3: Indulge In a Hydrating Face Mask
When people think about face masks, they instantly connect the dots to one that sucks out the gunk from their face. However, it’s not always true. Meet your dry skin’s new buddy - a hydrating face mask. It not only clears out dirt and impurities from your face but also hydrates and nourishes your skin.
Make a hydrating drink for your skin with the Choco Face Mask twice a week or whenever your skin needs it. This gel-based face mask has some amazing ingredients for your skin like cocoa, caffeine, aloe vera, etc. Moreover, the chocolatey fragrance makes this product all the more irresistible.
Tip 4: Be Gentle With Your Skin
When we say be gentle with your skin, we mean to avoid doing or using anything that is harsh for your skin and will strip your skin of its natural oils. Here are a few ways to be gentle with your skin:
- Start your morning by using a gentle face cleanser. However, if your skin is very sensitive, you can just splash some water and call it a day (or morning)
- Use a skin-friendly, pH balanced, sulphate free bathing soap every day in your shower
- Use your fingertips while applying anything on your skin and not your nails
- Always pat your skin dry and do not rub it harshly
Tip 5: Use a Good Body Moisturizer
This tip for moisturizing dry skin from head to toe is probably something that you must already know. But here are some other tricks to this tip that we would like to add:
- Want better moisturization from your favourite body lotion? Then apply it while your skin is still damp. Focus on the fact that we say ‘damp’ and not ‘wet’
- While applying the moisturizer, make sure to not miss the micro areas of your body like the knees and elbows as they tend to get drier and cracked fast
- Using a body exfoliator once in a while is essential to slay off the dead skin cells and build-up from using heavy moisturizers. It even helps the products applied later absorb much better. Here’s one of the Bestselling and India’s Favorite Body Scrub you can use, Coffee Body Scrub
- If you have normal skin, you can use any lightweight body lotion. However, if you have dry skin, go for a body butter like the Choco Body Butter. It makes up for your entire day, and you can forget about your dry flaky skin
Tip 6: Don’t Forget Your Hands And Feet
Did you know that your hands are the first body part to show ageing? Well, it’s true, and that’s why it is important to take care of them. Use the Coffee Hand Cream whenever you wish to, and leave your hands smelling amazing and moisturized all day long!
Stay Healthy and Hydrated with mCaffeine
Keeping everything aside, do not forget to drink lots and lots of water and fluids to flush the toxins out from your body and give it a hydrating radiance from within. At the same time, be careful of what you are applying on your body. Remove parabens and sulphates from the products that may give you short-term benefits, sucking out the long-term hydration from your body.
With mCaffeine, go clean as you rinse the toxins off your body and hydrate yourself from tip to toe.